[LMB] Betan population control

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 18:21:38 BST 2019

Personally, I am not fond of the term "victim-blaming."  All too often,
"victims" become victims partly through their own foolishness.  That is why
we call some behavior "risky" behavior---you're taking a chance.  MAYBE
going to that party where the objective is to see how fast you can get how
drunk won't have some nasty consequences.   MAYBE going out with that guy
with the very sketchy reputation will just result in a fun evening out.

In my own case, if I am a victim of anything, it's a concatenation of
circumstances, many of them completely unforeseeable.  And I've said
repeatedly that getting me out of this town and into a job I can reasonably
count on not to vanish unexpectedly under my feet would help enormously.  I
tend to gain weight when I'm stressed, and between dealing with
mentally-ill relatives and having the Money Monkey always on my back, my
life has been Stress Central for far too long.