[LMB] Betan population control

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 23:08:58 BST 2019

On the subject of "you can lose weight if you want to" and "acutally some
people can't, don't blame the vicitm:

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 1:22 PM Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, I am not fond of the term "victim-blaming."  All too often,
> "victims" become victims partly through their own foolishness.

For weight, that's kind of iffy.

I had two kids born at 7'11 pounds.  Both nursed exclusively.  By nine
months old, ie before they could walk, one was a slim kid and one had rolls
and rolls of fat. Fat!  Foolish!  Must be eating too much junk food!  No,
still on a liquid diet. Some bodies are pre-disposed to be heavy, some to
be slim.  Both are in college now, the slim kid is still pretty slim and
the fat kid is built like a wall, big and broad.  I used to hear the word
"stocky" to describe his build, but now he's just fat.

I know someone who took medication and gained two clothing sizes in a month
or so.  Hey, no problem, just stop taking the meds and the weight will melt
away!   Yeah, I don't think so.

I know someone who stress-ate for three months, gained some weight,
realized this was a mistake, and stopped stress eating. And could not lose
the weight. Tried really hard, but it just didn't work.  What a fool, hm?
Making a bad decision at a bad moment.

Incidentally, I will always have a fat saggy belly on account of the third
kid. The muscles don't seem to pull back together, like they did after the
first two, no matter how I exercise.  So I guess, more fool me, should have
stopped with two. Oy, it's not weight, it's just saggy muscle?  Can't
distinguish it from fat, though, with clothing sizes.

Sylvia, used to be a slim person