[LMB] OT: I been in the right place/But it must have been the wrong time

Brian Ross Ashley brashley46 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 22:37:39 BST 2019

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 16:25:23 -0700, "A. Marina Fournier"<saffronrose at me.com>  wrote:

> The majority of this list is in the age group where we heard this in our youth.

> Here I am watching last segment of the season premiere of the second season. Team?s at the bar,
> snd the band starts up. My eyes bug out. It?s Dr. John. IIRC, he was singing the song mentioned
> in the subject header.
un" Glover
> This amazing musician died just before dawn Thursday. While it wasn?t explicitly said, I believe
> he died in N?Awrlins, where he was born.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/06/730481477/dr-john-legend-of-new-orleans-dead-at-77

Yeah. Dammit. We grow old. That is four of my favourite musicians in the last week.

Leon Redbone. Mose Scarlett (Toronto local.) Tony "Little Sun" Glover. Respectively, two of the best singers of Depression-era roots music, one of the best white blues harp players (with Koerner, Ray and Glover), and now the best damn N'Awlins jazz piano player since Mr Jelly Roll Morton his own self, and I can say so as a fan of both men.