[LMB] Betan population control

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sun Jun 9 21:13:28 BST 2019

> On Jun 8, 2019, at 3:58 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>
> We often discount the personality and/or psychological characteristics that make someone unable to change things.    We recognize extremes, as when someone’s problems get diagnosed with a label.  But way too often, when someone’s disability is not extreme, we just call it weakness (but not weak enough to not put them down).
>
> When someone’s IQ is 71 and when his IQ is 69 is not significant—except for public opinion which condemns the first as being stupid, and feeling sorry for the 2nd for being retarded.

IIUC such a difference is the line that determines whether one is liable for the death penalty or not.

> When someone doesn’t quite have the “gumption” we have, we condemn their weakness.   Or their willingness to work, or to be nice.
>
> But any program to make society better needs to recognize that we have wide spectra of abilities and results.
> --

Anyway I believe in the physical law thus I cannot believe in free will. Dr. Sapolsky[1] of Stanford doesn’t know how to live
with this knowledge and neither do I. We just have to muddle through.

{1}Robert Morris Sapolsky is an American neuroendocrinologist and author. He is currently a professor of biology, and professor of neurology and neurological sciences and, by courtesy, neurosurgery, at Stanford University. In addition, he is a research associate at the National Museums of Kenya.
—
If from the beginning all is void, where can the dust alight?!