[LMB] Betan population control

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Sun Jun 9 21:55:19 BST 2019

On 6/9/2019 2:27 PM, WalterStuartBushell wrote:

>> On Jun 9, 2019, at 2:23 PM, Phyllis Peacock
>> <candppeacock at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sounds like when I was looking for a job... plus I was in my late
>> 40's at the time. They would rather have an underqualified employee
>> who is cheaper to hire than have experienced but trainable hiree!
>> Sheesh!Phyllis
>
> They’d rather have a kid they can overwork and underpay.

Reminds me of a thing I heard about recently. Family restaurants and
staying competitive in areas with high minimum wages.

Apparently children working in a family owned business are not covered
by any employment law. And neither are business owners. So make the
parents, their siblings, cousins whoever (I think they all do have to be
"family" for this to work) partners in the restaurant and
all their children can work for whatever hours at whatever pay. As long
as they still get to school and aren't considered abused, of course. If
they want to stay in the business once they turn 18 make them a partner.

Not a lawyer so I may have that wrong but that's how I understood the
explanation.
--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil