[LMB] OT: Victims and Victim groups

Rebecca Price becca at di.org
Mon Jun 10 02:58:41 BST 2019

The kids are having various types of pizza while I'm having an egg roll
bowl - but somehow, calling "egg roll bowl" on a topic doesn't have the
sound that calling pizza does.

Still, I agree with the pizza call.

On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 9:56 PM Katherine Collett <kcollett at hamilton.edu>
wrote:

> Yes.  Goat cheese, sweet peppers, and arugula.  Ooh, maybe some kalamata
> olives.
>
> Just, never punch down.
>
> Katherine
>
> > On Jun 9, 2019, at 6:29 PM, quietann <quietann at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm preemptively calling pizza on this one.
> >
> > Learn the difference between "punching up" and "punching down."
> >
> > Ann
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 7, 2019, 9:16 AM WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
> >
> >> This post may not be sent. There is a trend to designate groups as
> victims
> >> no matter the individual’s circumstances. That way the “victim” (quotes
> >> intentional) can claim all sorts of special privileges. They can force
> >> people to change language and the meaning of words. The latest is to
> >> attempt to ban the word owner as racist. Before that to ban the word
> >> violation in law school because it was too triggering. (BTW: The legal
> term
> >> violation has a specific meaning.)
> >> Groups have asked for and received special conditions for testing
> because,
> >> as a member of a victim group, they were busy protesting an could not
> take
> >> the scheduled test.
> >> Groups are told that anything bad that happens to them is not their
> fault
> >> but because they are oppressed. Other groups are told that nothing they
> do
> >> is an accomplishment because were “born on third base.”
> >> For many people, victim hood has status.
> >>
> >> Christian, husband, father, granddaddy, son, American. Here I stand. I
> can
> >> do no other. God help me.
> >> William A Wenrich
> >> --

"Modern Fairy Tales told with a Classic Approach"
Check us out - we're at www.wyrmtalespress.com