[LMB] OK, look what I found on Amazon Japan! A Penric real-book!

Lois Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Wed Jun 12 15:50:54 BST 2019

[LMB] OK, look what I found on Amazon Japan! A Penric real-book!
M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 06:47:05 BST 2019

https://www.amazon.co.jp/魔術師ペンリック-創元推理文庫-ロイス・マクマスター・ビジョルド/dp/4488587143/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Penric&qid=1560317887&s=gateway&sr=8-4
I really want to know a bit more about this!
Handsome cover. Did the translator get to self-publish, too? No, it's
published by Tokyo Sogensha.
KAJI Yasuko is the translator; she also did *The Spirit Ring* amongst
others.
It was published September 28, 2018.
It's about $15, whereas a hardcover of just Penric's Demon from
Amazon.com is running about $150.
Just thought it was interesting.
Micki

LMB:  Aha!  This must be the first of the two Penric collections we sold
to Tokyo Sogensha, 3 novellas per volume.   (My working title of the
first collection was /Penric's Progress/, but titles often change in
translation.)  Cool cover, first glimpse I've had!  I did not realize it
had been published already, and have not yet received an author's copy.
I'll look forward to that.

Ta, Lois.