[LMB] OK, look what I found on Amazon Japan! A Penric real-book!

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Jun 12 23:44:23 BST 2019

On Jun 12, 2019, at 7:50 AM, Lois Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com> wrote:

> M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
> Wed Jun 12 06:47:05 BST 2019
>
> https://www.amazon.co.jp/魔術師ペンリック-創元推理文庫-ロイス・マクマスター・ビジョルド/dp/4488587143/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Penric&qid=1560317887&s=gateway&sr=8-4

> LMB:  Cool cover, first glimpse I've had!

The artist seems to have the impression of all-who-are-Desdemona and Penric in a way that just clicked the Truly Right button in my brain.

It is quite reminiscent of Marcel DuChamp’s Nude Descending a Staircase. FYI, that painting was a gift from Louise Stevens (Mrs A) & Walter Conrad Arensberg, a primary US patron of Duchamps.

Mr Arensberg’s personal library became The Francis Bacon Library in Claremont CA, where I was happily employed for four years. My late beloved boss was in charge of the collection and Library from about the time I was born.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala