[LMB] Article: Cultured Meat

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 21:00:18 BST 2019

On 6/14/2019 2:47 PM, Eric Oppen wrote:
> So vulgar, uncouth meat is on its way out?
>
> (Sorry, couldn't resist!)
>
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 1:26 PM Carol Botteron <cjbotteron at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Move Over, Impossible Burger: Lab-Grown Meat Will Overtake Plants by 2040
>>
>> https://www.inverse.com/article/56704-move-over-impossible-burger-lab-grown-meat-will-overtake-plants-by-2040
>> --

I for one would love to try it...

II still am pretty sure I could manage to culture shrimp/crab/lobster
pieces using standard single layer cloning by emulating the old school
surimi [remember the stuff? They made a thin sheet of surimi, then
rolled it like a spool of paper and held it together with 'meat glue']
As long as the flavor came out properly in manufacture, it would be
seriously popular as long as the price point was drastically less than
the real deal. I mean, a 1.5 pound lobster at $12.99 a pound where the
meat to shell/innards ratio sucks [the average tail is roughly 4 oz, the
claw meat is around 3 oz, so 7 oz out of 24 oz sucks, that is why the
picked out meat runs around $25 to 30 a pound] but if you could get it
to where it was $12 a pound for pure meat .... not rocket science!

---