[LMB] OT: Stuff worth reading: Martha Wells and The Cloud Roads

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 20:12:07 BST 2019

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 5:32 AM catherine muir <c_muir68 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't she the author of the "Murderbot" series?  If so. I do recommend her.

Of "The Murderbot Diaries", yes.

I've been reading some of the other works I've gotten from the HB, and my
past experiences are confirmed:  things by "New York Times Bestselling
Authors" are much more likely to be heavily formulaic and terrible.  NYT
Bestsellers are almost always awful.  I still am a little surprised at how
excited Our Host was about reaching said state, but I suppose every little
bit helps.