[LMB] The souls of demons

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 21 17:49:44 BST 2019

Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org> wrote:
> After all the Quadrenes only acknowledge Four and the Bastard does well
> enough without them.

I suspect that that may be a matter of "acknowledge me or not,
I still collect the souls that are mine".  There may be a rather
higher incidence of sundering among the Quadrenes than in the rest
of the world, if dying souls would rather be sundered than go to
the Bastard.  That might depend on whether said dying souls acquire a
broader perspective than they had had in life.  I have in mind the
image from near the end of C.S. Lewis's _The Last Battle_ of the
stream of people approaching Aslan at the doorway of the "stable":
some looking at him, hating him, and turning away into his shadow;
the rest loving him, but some of those still very afraid.

Joel