[LMB] Penric reread, the very beginning

catherine muir c_muir68 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 26 17:32:00 BST 2019

On 26 Jun 2019 17:01, Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org> wrote:

On 6/26/19 7:50 AM, catherine muir wrote:
> Reading previous posts, I have been suppressing the comment, "if this
> is a Penric reread, why are all the posts about Desdemona and her
> ilk?"

It's a good question.

I think it is because Desdemona is alien to us and a more interesting
character. She's made out of chaos and copies of 12 people (and a mare,
and a lioness). Penric is interesting too, but he's much more like
everyone else.

I think that may be my point. To us, Penric may be just another guy, but to Desdemona?  He was iirc "a surprise" from the start.  Why?

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil
Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to c_muir68 at hotmail.com