[LMB] OT: Artificial food

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 13:38:44 BST 2019

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 08:20:19 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
wrote:

>We talked about meat.   Here’s an article about making old whiskey quickly, and new whiskey flavors:
>
>https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/mad-scientists-booze-recreating-spirits-going-back-era-paul-revere-180971630/ <https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/mad-scientists-booze-recreating-spirits-going-back-era-paul-revere-180971630/>

For a very basic "you can try this at home" example, a couple of drops
of vanilla essence added to a cheap whisk(e)y add years to it: a lot of
maturation products are chemically similar to vanillin.
--
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads
lives only one.    - George R. R. Martin