[LMB] Fwd: Re: Literature in Real Life

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 23:31:16 BST 2019

On 9/10/2019 5:14 PM, anmar Caver wrote:
> I get twitchy when I am not in nature, and while I can visit cities, I am
> glad to leave them.
>
> The new house I am building has awesome sunsets when the leaves are off the
> trees. With a flat roof, I end up sleeping under a brilliant night sky a
> lot up on the roof, and I make a point to pause the day on clear days and
> watch the sunset. Winter solstice sun shines right through the living room
> and out the other side.
>
> Aruvqan's new place looks awesome.

one thing we are planning is a huge Adirondack resort [you know, stone,
logs and a fireplace] picnic/hang out pavilion with screens to keep the
bugs away. Sort of like :
https://www.ontrakmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Screen-Shot-2016-11-11-at-12.17.54-PM.png

See, Rob has a sister with 6 kids, one married, 2 of the right age for
getting serious and 3 new ones under the age of 5 [and she is freaking
50 ... I can't imagine where she gets the energy to keep up with them
@_@] a brother the right age to get serious, and his Mom, so we are
potentially looking at seating 16 or so for any given major holiday, not
counting any other random drop ins [we do keep a sort of welcoming house
when we can manage] Phlip is a member of ABANA [some sort of
blacksmithing group] so any given weekend we might have people banging
away at her forge, and we are avid SCAdians, so we could have random
drop ins of that sort as well. Given fennish proclivities for all 4 of
us, we need to be bale to have any number of people hanging out, no
matter the normal isolated condition is.

It has been a semiserious joke between Rob and I that if we won one of
the huge power ball sort of lotteries, we should just give up and buy a
retired facility that could have several hundred studio rooms, a chow
hall, a library and a movie theater and get the business plan and
licensing in place to become a fennish/SCA retirement home ... *sigh*

---