[LMB] Fwd: Re: Literature in Real Life

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 02:36:36 BST 2019

When I was protesting being fired off my job at Wal-mart for not following
rules nobody had ever bothered to explain to me (one of my BIGGEST pet
peeves is people who think I can read minds!) I said "I cannot stay on one
side of a line if nobody tells me where that line is," which I paraphrased
from Ekaterin's discussion with her well-meaning male relatives about her
dealings with Miles.

I have never forgiven that store from that day to this.  I have my good
qualities, but when goaded beyond a certain point I am utterly unable to
forgive or forget.  And money is one of my biggest hot buttons.  Even after
more than ten years, if I get a chance to do that store or its management a
bad turn, I will jump at it.