[LMB] Bags on Barrayar

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 11 15:07:12 BST 2019

Just wondering about handbags.

None of the women on Barrayar seem to carry a bag. Have they finally
broken through the last glass ceiling and put pockets in their clothes that
are actually useful? Is everything miniaturised and on a charm bracelet?
Do the armsmen carry it all?

Speaking as someone whose bag carries medication, notes, bits of makeup,
assorted keys, occasional snacks, several pens, bandaids, tissues, money,
credit cards, licence etc, photos, phone, and often a few odd items
(including, today, a second set of number plates for my car) I just wonder
where women on Barrayar put all their stuff?