[LMB] more on the PP cover

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 15 10:22:46 BST 2019

From: Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 04:43:20PM +0000, Joel Polowin wrote:
> Huh.  It's _nice_... but I'm unthrilled by "clothed hero surrounded
> by nekkid wimmen".  And aren't at least one of Desdemona's previous
> hosts non-fair-skinned?

and not all young and beautiful?
But it is a nice piece of artwork!

Gwynne: I don't mind the young-and-beautiful aspect, since this shows
their spirits, not their bodies. Clothes.... possibly the same thing. Do
souls wear clothes? And it emphasises the contrast with Pen - the artist
needs to show that they're not real women. Well, not tangible anyway.
I don't think his clothes are accurate enough, there's plenty of descriptions
of what he wears. Is he beautiful enough? Possibly. As a cover it does
convey the idea that he has a lot going on around him.