[LMB] Gave blood today.

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 06:12:30 BST 2019

A negative here.  Not super-rare like AB negative, but rare enough that
they're always very glad to see me.  I was deferred for a year after
undergoing an operation to ride me of a squamous-cell skin cancer on my
lower eyelid.  While it was a very interesting experience, having people
guddling around near my eyes with very sharp instruments while I'm
conscious and watching them is something I'd rather not do again, so I'm
avoiding sunbathing.

I do wish I'd asked them to take videos of the procedures I went under and
send them to me.  I am endlessly curious and utterly un-squeamish.  When I
was a kid, I wandered away from my father (who was then county attorney)
once...and they found me being a fascinated, quiet witness to an autopsy.
"But DAAAD!  Look!  It's just like those anatomy charts Grandma left Mom
and she gave to me!  Look!  There's the lungs!  And that's the heart..."