[LMB] Gave blood today.

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Sep 18 01:53:07 BST 2019

On Sep 17, 2019, at 5:53 AM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

>> On Sep 17, 2019, at 4:34 AM, anmar Caver <anmar.mirza at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Being queer and sexually active I've been barred from donating since I was 23, but up until that point I'd given a gallon or so.
>
> Which is ridiculous.    Straight people who are sexually active carry the same diseases.

Preaching to the choir here. Never made sense since every single unit of blood is tested before it’s used, and Universal Precautions are followed.

All the Qs about sexual activity in the past 6-12 months are wasted on me, as it’s been 13 yrs since...and I’m post-menopausal and really truly unlikely to be, or have been, pregnant or nursing in the same period as the Q about it.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala