[LMB] (OT?) Re: Gave blood today.

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 02:02:12 BST 2019

I think I told you guys this story once before, but years ago, I had just
given blood and was sitting in the local McD's, reading the last Harry
Potter book (which had just come out.)  I'd had a new phlebotomist, and my
inner forearm was covered in a spectacular bruise.

This kid wanders up to me, sees the black bruise, and goes "Hey, mister, is
that the Dark Mark?  Are you a Death Eater?"

I grinned, picked up my pencil, poised it as if to jab the eraser end into
my bruise, and said "Let's poke it and see if 'You-Know-Who' comes, shall
we?"  He turned white as a sheet and ran back to his parents.