[LMB] Gave blood today.

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 17:31:15 BST 2019

On 9/20/2019 9:45 AM, WalterStuartBushell wrote:

>> On Sep 17, 2019, at 2:48 AM, Aruvqan <aruvqan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> When I was doing anatomy for the arts requirement I accidentally got into the med student gross anatomy -
>
> Pun intended on that “gross anatomy”?! Better preparation, methinks, but an uneconomical use of corpses.
> Perhaps it met a distribution requirement?

No actually gross anatomy is the correct term for students digging in
and getting their hands dirty - and there is a shortage of corpses for
dissection, so you share your male and female pair of corpses with
several other teams, and work in groups. Ideally, it would be 1 corpse
per pair of students ... but =)

You still attend dissections done by a teacher, but those are at the
beginning, and you duplicate the process on your cat first [I would have
preferred a pig, as I already had done a piglet before and htey are very
close in structure to a human, though perhaps a monkey would actually be
better than a cat]

---