[LMB] Penric's Travels cover sneak peek

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Sun Sep 22 22:55:39 BST 2019

The way I learned it as a child. is "Blonde" is feminine and "Blond" is masculine. Which tells me the term comes from French; the distinction probably dates back to 1776.

There are a few paired gendered names like that. I nearly gagged when one favorite author, who apparently hadn't done his homework, included among his characters a Catholic priest (male!) named "Frances." The masculine of which is "Francis."