[LMB] Penric's Travels cover sneak peek

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 22 23:42:27 BST 2019

________________________________

The way I learned it as a child. is "Blonde" is feminine and "Blond" is masculine. Which tells me the term comes from French; the distinction probably dates back to 1776.

There are a few paired gendered names like that. I nearly gagged when one favorite author, who apparently hadn't done his homework, included among his characters a Catholic priest (male!) named "Frances." The masculine of which is "Francis."

Snicker. I learned THAT one from having a great aunt Frances, and watching a few Francis the Mule movies

Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk
lists.herald.co.uk
(The subscribers list is only available to the list administrator.) Enter your admin address and password to visit the subscribers list:

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to kevink45 at hotmail.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk