[LMB] Penric's Travels cover sneak peek

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 00:56:26 BST 2019

My hair is just a bit longer than Penric's is on that cover; I'm not sure how
long it took to grow nor can I remember my starting point. But, as long as
you keep it braided at all times, and re-braid it when it starts going "fuzzy"
with escaping tendrils, it stays quite nice. I can go 24 hours if I keep it
pinned up around my head. With it down, it needs re-braiding about
every eight to twelve hours.

How long you can grow hair really depends on the person. I have
one friend who never lets it grow beyond her chin, and she says
she can't grow it shoulder-length.

On the other hand, check out the 19th century Sullivan Sisters,
who used to get paid to show off their long, luxurious hair.
(Their hair formula was apparently popular, too.)

For a scribe, a long braid seems like a VERY good way to maintain
the hair -- less chance of stray hair falling into the inkpot (lol, OK,
I'm stretching). It'd be out of the way, for the most part.

Remember, Penric is a very pretty man, and his hair (and
eyelashes and other attributes) provoke envy and admiration
in women. Rawr!

Micki