[LMB] Gendered English

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Thu Sep 26 20:14:32 BST 2019

> On Sep 26, 2019, at 2:07 PM, pouncer at aol.com wrote:
>
> At present
> we assign gender slots to differently sexed competitors for
> utilitarian reasons -- and risk unforeseeable consequences
> by abolishing such slotting.

Abolishing such slotting would more or less eliminate woman’s tennis, for example. I may be wrong, but AFAIk
no woman has even tried to compete elite level men’s tennis, even though the money is better.

And how do women participate in a sport where love means nothing.
__
Vilhjalmur Stefansson (1879 – 1962)