[LMB] Penric's Travels cover sneak peek

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 28 15:16:00 BST 2019

I don't mind the way the various identities are shown, since there's
no known rule about how people appear in the spirit world - here
or in the 5GU.

Of course, there's quite a few questions about the whole issue:
First, what are they? They're not souls, we know the souls are gone
to their gods. They're like echoes, or recordings, stored in Desdemona.

So when we see pictures of them, we're seeing Desdemona's images
of long-gone identities. Are we seeing them the way Desdemona
remembers them? Or the way they saw themselves?

And here's an interesting question; how do you see yourself, from the
inside? Is your image of yourself, of your spirit, congruent with your
external image? Or do you think of the 'real you' as you were at a
certain age? Are you sometimes surprised at the image in the mirror,
because you don't feel like that person?