[LMB] OT: Gave blood today.

Gretchen Wright gretchen.m.wright at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 19:23:28 BST 2019

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 12:43 PM Harvey Fishman <fishman at panix.com> wrote:

> When I lived in Flatlands, the KofC used to run a blood donation
> campaign every six months and I gave regularly. But about 5 years ago I
> could no longer maintain the house because of age so I sold it and moved
> to an apartment in Brighton Beach. But there are no blood campaigns
> nearby and I ain't gonna travel so I ceased donation. I have checked
> regularly, but no go.
>
>  Gretchen: Harvey, I didn't realize you are in Brighton Beach. Hello,
sort-of neighbor! (I'm in Manhattan.)

I  donate through the New York Blood Center. (https://www.nybc.org/) Looks
like they have some blood drives coming up in Brooklyn, including one in
Coney Island.

My annoyance is that they won't take my platelets. They say my blood volume
(projected from my height and weight) isn't enough to make it worth their
while. The vampires!