[LMB] Gendered English

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 30 12:17:45 BST 2019

From: "Alex Y. Kwan" <litalex at gmail.com>

Hello,
Because the sentence beginning with "Note that..." more or less answers
Eric's question? Though not completely...
little Alex

> > On Sep 29, 2019, at 10:06 PM, Lorelei Kaena <lorelei.kaena at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Intersex modalities are as common as natural red hair, roughly 1-2% of
> the population. Note that this does not mean only people who received
> genital mutilation surgery?it counts those with androgen insensitivity and
> multiple gender chromosomes, all generally ?invisible to the public?
> intersex conditions.
> > Turlach

Gwynne: I think I've caught up to most of the conversation now. The whole
red-hair thing confused me, since the incidence of red hair varies quite a bit
from place to place. And I wasn't aware that FGM victims were referred to as
intersex - I'd never heard of them being included in that grouping before.