[LMB] ot: Pandemic Flu

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 12:09:38 BST 2020

On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 10:07:08 +0200, Baur <baur at chello.at> wrote:

>iirc for hand desinfection you want 80+% (will have to check during my
>next grocery run - we do sell such stuff in our super markets - for
>cooking and cordial making)

WHO says 60% *minimum*; more is better.  I mix 99% IPA in a 4:1 ratio
with aloe vera gel: 1) To mitigate the drying effect on skin and 2) to
ensure the alcohol stays in contact with skin longer.  This gives me an
80% alcohol gel that doesn't dry my skin.

--
"If you want a picture of the future of Usenet, imagine a foot stuck in a human mouth
 -- forever."  - Avram Grumer