[LMB] Appolohy

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 13:49:11 BST 2020

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 8:42 AM WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:

> I’m sorry that I have been testy in my posts. Lack of knowledge and
> control tends to get to me.
>
> What I’m hearing from the news readers is scary. Worse, it’s scaring my
> wife Gayle.
>
> When I hear news that we should “shelter in place for a year or longer”
> and that it will be enforced by the National Guard, essentially martial
> law. That’s scary! Anyone who even suggests that we should plan on easing
> the restrictions is attacked as being an evil monster who wants old people
> to die.
>
> At some point stopping the economy will kill people.
>
> Besides, I miss my granddaughters.
>
> Christian, husband, father, granddaddy, son, American. Here I stand. I can
> do no other. God help me.

Scary times, yes.

My lung doctor claims we won't be able to start going out again until June
or so (and so therefore my next CAT scan and lung function test will have
to wait until then), which is worse than I want but better than I fear, so
I figure it works as a compromise within my head. Reality will have its own
things to say about this; he was more speaking of June as the earliest
believable time, not the likeliest.

I hate sitting bored at my computer all day. I cook more meals than I used
to do, and I take more walks, so I suppose I'm being healthier, but I miss
the satisfaction of getting good work done.

As for the economy, well... we've survived worse in the past, we will
probably survive this. But I do worry about some friends who run a local
small business - they're barely scraping by right now.

Karen Hunt