[LMB] OT: From quarantine to empty to safe

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 19:36:50 BST 2020

This may be an odd question....  but the holidays are coming.

If someone with corona went to the hospital and there house has been
standing empty for a few days, it it safe to work in their kitchen?

It's a creepy idea to just be breathing in a 'corona house' but after three
days, surely the virus is dead.
===
Why would anyone do this do this?

My mother in law, passed away these many years, had all the "serving stuff"
for the holidays - huge pots and pans, huge serving bowls and serving
forks/spoons etc.  After her kids grew up and moved out, she also had
plenty of counter-space to cook.

Since she passed away, assorted children and grandchildren have used her
kitchen and "borrowed" her stuff for the holidays when hosting the family.
Father in law was very pleased to have people using her kitchen (yes it's
still hers, not his, after all these years). Besides having company it
meant a connection to her, because "the kids" are using her stuff.

Now my father-in-law is in the hospital on a ventilator.
No one has been in the house for a few days.
There's a massive amount of cooking for the upcoming holidays.

I wonder if it safe to breathe and touch stuff in his house.

Sylvia