[LMB] Joanna Russ short story?

Jean Lamb tlambs1138 at charter.net
Fri Apr 3 20:23:38 BST 2020

I don't remember the short story, but I do remember the story about Virchow and the duel he was challenged to over botulism--he chose weapons, two sausages, one of which had botulism and the other not. The story is that the challenge was withdrawn very shortly after.

I also remember the Wizard's Duel in THE SWORD IN THE STONE, where Merlin transfigured himself into a germ...and won. I do sort of wonder what happened to all the extra germs once Merlin exited Mad Madam Mim's body...

Jean Lamb
tlambs1138 at charter.net
https://www.amazon.com/Jean-Lamb/e/B00IR0YO20