[LMB] AKICOTL: OT: A Matter of Manners

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Sun Apr 5 15:37:25 BST 2020

Men are traditionally less able to catch social clues. I’m not sure if this is all clues or women’s clues since men and women (at least when young) seem to have different body languages. Three teen guys are walking down the hall. One says something mildly offensive and another puts up fists and mimes fighting. Are they bitter enemies or friends goofing off?

Totally cliched joke about husbands:

“Honey, what’s wrong?”
“Nothing.”
(or in its more verbose form)
“If you don’t love me enough to understand, I can’t explain it to you!”

Interestingly, when men and women hear the joke or see it portrayed, women see it as the wife being glaringly obvious and men see it as the wife wanting him to read her mind.

William A Wenrich