[LMB] AKICOTL: OT: A Matter of Manners

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 22:00:15 BST 2020

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 12:49 PM Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:

> This touches on an old pet peeve of mine.  I'm pretty straightforward
> myself (being a guy, I'd say it goes with the territory) and disliked
> guessing games even when I was a kid.  My take is: "if you want something
> from me, for the gods' sake, ASK ME!"
> ....  Looking back on those years, I can see that one girl, in
> particular, was sending what she probably believed to be very clear signals
> that she was interested.  I do regret not picking up on them, but she'd
> have been much better just cornering me somewhere and telling me that she
> was in plain English.

oh no no no. bad idea. very bad.  only bad girls do that.  only sluts are
so brazen.
and once she is so "forward" or "fast" or whatever term is popular, word
will get around. you know it will. high school is a terrible place for
gossip.
and when someone, ahem, takes advantage of that "forward/fast/brazen" girl,
everyone will say she deserved it. what else could she expect, the way she
behaved. she probably wanted it anyhow. how dare she get that nice young
man in trouble.
etc.
'just say what you want' comes with consequences.