[LMB] AKICOTL: OT: A Matter of Manners

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 22:36:48 BST 2020

If she catches me somewhere alone, and asks me (hell, we'd known each other
since we were three years old or so; we were well at ease with each other)
then she has instant deniability.

Part of why I didn't pick up on things was because, in those days, I was
suspicious of just about everybody and everything.  I look at pictures of
myself from those days, and I notice that in almost all of them, instead of
smiling, I have this very wary, watchful look in my eyes.  A good deal too
much domestic Grand Guignol before I was old enough to shave might have had
a lot to do with that...  I could also have used reliable intel from the
distaff side; my brother and I have both commented that if we'd had girl
cousins our own age who went to the same schools, we'd have had a lot
better idea of who was and was not open to being asked.