[LMB] OT: Star Trek: Picard

Sean Holland knightofroses at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:15:40 BST 2020

Possible spoilers in reply following.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 5:42 AM Tidsel via Lois-Bujold <

Exactly, the issue with "synthetic people's rights" had been settled.  So,
why were the Federation building slave labor in the first place?  (Earth
has a population of multiple billions most of whom are underemployed,
finding people who would enjoy working in a shipyard would be easy.)   In a
polity as large as the Federation, you could just gather ships for a rescue
(to quote Jean-Luc) Dunkirk style for the evacuation of Romulus, why would
you be building a fleet?  And if you were, why would it be in only one
shipyard?  And why would you choose one on Mars so far from its intended
destination? (And why did not the nearby Star Fleet ships intervene? It is
the Sol System, the most heavily defended system in the Federation.)

And that is just the first episode.  ;)