[LMB] Do Quaddies brachiate?

Beatrice Otter beatrice_otter at zoho.com
Fri Apr 10 04:57:30 BST 2020

---- On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 20:39:49 -0700 Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote ----

I was thinking that I don’t remember any SF space fairing species that brachiate.   That would be useful in space — or even in modern cities with elevated cross-walks.

Quaddies aren’t designed for gravity, which is where brachiating is more useful, so I expect they don’t.   What do you think?

Beatrice Otter:

My first thought was "but in zero g you have to keep pushing yourself along, and if you were doing it with your upper arms it would be very like brachiation, wouldn't it?" and then I realized no, the movement would be different, and the sort of swing one gets when brachiating would likely be counterproductive to going in a straight line.

Beatrice Otter