[LMB] OT: wash vegetables with cool water

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sat Apr 11 01:17:08 BST 2020

> On Mar 20, 2020, at 3:15 PM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
>
> My former housekeeper didn’t know this until one day she told me she felt woozy. I asked her what she’d been using, and yup, wrong stuff to mix. I opened a window in the bathroom she’d been cleaning—I could do it faster, and hadn’t been exposed.

Canonical is bleach and ammonia two common cleansers which when mixed produce a really great cleaner and poisonous fluid and gas.

I once made Aqua regia in high school chemistry lab.[1] (out side a hood mea culpa)

Aqua regia is a mixture of nitric acid and hydrochloric acid, optimally in a molar ratio of 1:3. Aqua regia is a yellow-orange fuming liquid, so named by alchemists because it can dissolve the noble metals, gold and platinum, though not all metals. Wikipedia
—
Of course our planet has its mood swings – it is, after all, bipolar.