[LMB] OT: News from my Home front

Jean Lamb tlambs1138 at charter.net
Sun Apr 12 05:23:54 BST 2020

> On Apr 11, 2020, at 3:15 PM, Peterhews via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> It's been pointed out, by doctors who've been through other epidemics, that when the hospitals are overwhelmed it's not just the victims who can't be treated that die; it's also the others - pregnant women, heart patients, accident victims - who aren't treated because the doctors are too busy with the plague.  And, later, because the doctors are dead, as is happening here right now.

Howard Brazee-
I just heard that hospitals aren’t getting their normal number of heart patients.   The physician talking expressed concern that people may be self diagnosing and deciding not to get help.

--When you have a skippy beat or two, it seems trivial. Besides, there's the whole risking your life to get it checked out.

Jean Lamb
tlambs1138 at charter.net
https://www.amazon.com/Jean-Lamb/e/B00IR0YO20