[LMB] OT: COVID-19 restrictions and recovery

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Apr 14 10:56:17 BST 2020

On Apr 13, 2020, at 4:59 PM, Beatrice Otter via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

> As to why it's essential ... high stress times make people use the intoxicant of their choice to a greater degree.  Dependency deepens.  Even people who are not addicted have a greater urge to use intoxication as a crutch.

Oddly enough, in spite of a plentiful supply of wine and booze in this house, I haven’t had a drink in March or April—but I get hangovers before I can get drunk, and never was a stress drinker after the first time I discovered I’d gone through an entire bottle of white wine, and subsequently, discovered that quirk.

I’m trying hard not to OD on carbs. Artichokes, low in carbs, seem to be disagreeing with me, and I would occasionally binge on a package of 4 medium ones. Purely a California problem.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala