[LMB] Making liquid soap was Re: OT: COVID-19 restrictions and recovery

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Tue Apr 14 18:27:17 BST 2020

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020, Howard Brazee wrote:
> Liquid soaps help.   When I pump some of that soap and scrub my hands, at least I know every spot has soap on it.  Then I use the water to scrub again and get the soap off.

You can, BTW, make liquid hand soap from bar soap, at a huge saving in
price. Buy a six or eight-pack of plain no-name bar soap (no perfume
etc.), which cost us about $3 to $4 -- less than one container of liquid
soap.

Take one (1) bar and put it in a large pot with 6 cups of water (we've
used as much as 8 cups but think 6 works better). You can cut the bar up
into pieces but it's not really necessary. Gently simmer until completely
dissolved. Then run the result through the blender (in batches) so that it
gets the correct consistency (you're breaking up the long strings of
soap). Put into soap dispensers and use.

We've added a few drops of orange essence to the soap, but it's not
required.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it.
-- Toni Morrison