[LMB] First Bujold

Sharon Micenko wembleyware at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 03:05:33 BST 2020

If you can remember back that far, what was your first Bujold novel? I came a bit late the the party and the first one I ever read was Komarr, about when it first came out. I was fascinated by this other world, with a protagonist far from perfect physically, and like no other hero I had ever read about before, the ‘suffering servant’ in an almost biblical sense. I resisted the Sharing Knife and 5 gods world for some stupid prejudice (I can’t think what it was) and binged on first the Sharing Knife series and then the 5gods.

I read Komarr again when I want to remember that epiphany.

What’s your Bujold journey been like?

Sharon