[LMB] A Penric reading?

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:16:32 BST 2020

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 10:40 PM Carol Botteron <cjbotteron at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Do we ever learn who had been intended to receive Desdemona?  If not, I
> wonder if Des knew; wouldn't Ruchia have known?
>
> (I posted this four days ago; maybe no one saw it.)

The seven stories so far have not said. But in the beginning of Penric's
Demon, when Ruchia is dying, she said:

“Oh, I was taken ill long before that,” the old woman commented between
huffs. “I lingered too long in Darthaca . . . Told the fools to bring the
ceremony to me.”

Which makes me wonder if that means the people in Darthaca were supposed to
go find somebody to invest with now-Desdemona.

Karen Hunt