[LMB] Penric's Demon: a major character shows up

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Sat Apr 18 03:41:36 BST 2020

So, in the library (and afterwards, upstairs) we get a slow introduction
to Clee, at first as a nameless dedicate-scribe, and later by name, and
finally as Penric's roommate, with an interesting conversation about
Martensbridge and the various local noble families.

We'll see more of Clee presently, but what do you think of the device of
introducing him anonymously?  What do we think of him in these couple of
scenes?

(And is the 'letter' that Tigney calls him away to write already the
letter to the Saint of Idau?  Has Tigney already made that decision?)

Tony Z

--
Et vocavit Deus, "Fiat lux!"