[LMB] OT: Who else likes skirts

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon Apr 20 01:08:06 BST 2020

> On Apr 19, 2020, at 4:38 PM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Of course, my skinny mother was also always dreadfully affected by the
> cold, and grumbled that men's clothes were warmer; she was in the habit of
> nicking my undershirts and said that men had kept them a secret for too
> long.

I never wore undershirts as a child, even when I moved to a cold climate.   It wasn’t until I was a teen and started sweating that I discovered the advantage of undershirts.    Sticking to a wooden chair or pew because one layer of shirt wasn’t enough did it for me.

Undershirts were important for summer.

I’ve seen women running in nylon stockings and that seems alien to me.   As a sweating man, I want cotton next to me, not nylon.   (I also don’t like leather nor nylon car seats).