[LMB] RRe: OT: Who else likes skirts

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Mon Apr 20 19:40:26 BST 2020

On 4/20/2020 11:46 AM, Jean Lamb wrote:
>> Zan Lynx: Then if they really wanted pockets they could buy men's
>> jeans and use a belt because yes I know about the hips being a
>> different shape.
>
>> My primary point wasn't the jeans it was that many women who know
>> perfectly well how to make clothes don't bother to make pockets. So
>> it obviously isn't a male designer problem.
>
> --They don't make men's jeans in my size.
>
> And why do women have to add pockets when men don't have to?

Because women know that men like to look at curvy shapes, so they choose
clothing to emphasize that.

Men choose clothing to show off an athletic build, or wealth, or since
women aren't all that visually focused, we just don't care what we look
like. Somehow women seem to find a three day scruffy beard, uncombed
hair and a band T-shirt from 25 years ago looks good enough.

> But I am sensing that all the women's experiences somehow doesn't
> change your mind.

It certainly won't, since women I personally know have had AT LEAST 20
years to choose clothes with pockets.

I constantly hear complaining but none of you women ever DO anything
about it. It clearly isn't very important.

--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil