[LMB] OT: Who else likes skirts

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon Apr 20 19:56:14 BST 2020

> On Apr 20, 2020, at 12:10 PM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And the pockets in men's clothes are not always easy to reach, particularly
> if you're sitting down.  If I could sew I'd want to run myself up a vest to
> wear when I'm driving, with lots and LOTS of pockets I can reach from a
> sitting position without having to unbuckle and squirm around to get at
> them.

When I moved to Colorado, I discovered that I could be slightly more formal than the people in IT shops I worked in if I wore “Western” style shirts.   Not only did they have a place for pens, when cell phones came out, I could put them in my shirt pockets and button them down.   At least until cell phones got too big for that.

I remember when I was in the USAF, wearing a flight suit which was designed for easy access to all pockets (including those on my calves) while strapped into my seat with a parachute!    The pockets on my arms were especially welcome.