[LMB] Birthday Tixie running late!

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Apr 23 02:51:02 BST 2020

I never responded to this, silly me!

I was searching for something else when I stumbled into this (stumbling is a prime talent I wish weren’t mine).

On Jan 24, 2020, at 11:51 AM, Jean Lamb <tlambs1138 at charter.net> wrote:

> Marina Fourier, today is your 66th birthday! Your treat is a picnic with Penric, Des and NIkys
> (though it's a proper picnic with comfortable
> chairs, low tables and a servant to inquire if a drink needs to be refilled).

A 19th c. upper class English picnic! I have just the dress and hat!

> It's a very pleasant day on one of the islands,
> no mosquito or ant dares to come
> near (Desdemona, in fact, is whining just a little
> bit about the lack of same), and the menu is
> delicious. There's even a bit of cheese from
> Penric's home canton, though he assures everything that he's not homesick for it.
> It's a lovely afternoon, and ends with a dessert almost Ma Kosti grade.

Bees and I are compatible: wasps, hornets, and other yellowjacket-type creature, not so much. Ladybugs and earthworms are some of my favorite “garden slaves”. I don’t know what our lizard clan does for us, but we like them anyway.

Blame Night Gallery or Twilight Zone for my disgust of earwigs—not helped by The Wrath of Khan, either. Any other buzzies and crawlies are gone, or keep their distance, I notice. Thanks, Des!

I seldom say no to cheese: I like a wide range of them, cow, ewe, nanny, buffalo mozzarella—and would try other mammal-milk cheeses if presented, including bog cheese!

I am struggling with carbs right now—Ma Kosti and her school have such a genius as to find a way to have a proper afternoon tea meal without the carb overload which prevents me from enjoying them.

> Penric also allows Desdemona (with your permission) to extinguish some of
> the bits of chaos that you're struggling with.

You have no idea how much I needed that then, and with or without a pandemic, how much I need that now!

Thank you all, including Tixie!

Not doing any kind of Fourier Transforms, though. I leave those to M. Joseph Fourier and to Nicolas Bourbaki.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala