[LMB] OT: So, what's the endgame here?

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Fri Apr 24 17:49:04 BST 2020

> On Apr 24, 2020, at 10:26 AM, tidsel via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> But it looks to me as if this thing can be beaten, IF the various governments will learn from the successful countries and the citizens will co-operate.

We need coöperation with all of the poor countries as well, as pandemics spread.   Right the U.S. has decided not to lead at such coöperation, and China has stepped in the void.   Whether that will be sufficient remains to be seen.

We haven’t heard that much from South America and Africa yet, but believe me, we won’t be safe until they are.