[LMB] OT: Pandemic response

Helen Fenton hifenton at internode.on.net
Wed Apr 29 10:16:21 BST 2020

For the Aussie response on the pandemic . Oz had an immediate response to the pandemic . Our government closed the borders to China, Italy and Iran before any other countries ,declared a pandemic before WHO and declared stage three lockdown at the beginning of March. Now they are thinking of relaxing the lockdown in gradual stages . The total number of deaths nationally is 91 and total of covid 19 cases nationally is just under 7000. We are doing pretty well. Our lockdown rules are a hell of a lot more rigid then what William has been complaining about. Our beaches have been closed since early March. No church services, no more than 5 people at wedding services, the same for funeral services. No restaurants , no cafes ,no movies. Strict social distancing at grocery shops. The schools are partially closed ( still open for children of essential services parents ) free covid 19 available to all on request. Medical treatment for covid  is free to all even to the foreign nationals that were dumped on us by the uninvited foreign cruise ships. Those ships were eventually invited to leave by Australian cruise ships with loaded live rounds.

Kind Regards,
Helen Fenton